Are you a busy music teacher with too much to do but not enough time to get it all done?
Do you want the best for your students but struggle finding balance between home and work?
As a teacher, mother, daughter, sister, and friend, I experience all of these feelings daily! My goal is to help YOU find some much needed BALANCE for your life by providing you quality resources – the kind you would make yourself if only you had time – for your music classroom.
My name is Jennifer Bailey and I am an elementary music specialist, workshop clinician, and blogger with 22 years experience. My goal is to help you by providing sequential, student-centered resources that are simple to execute and engage students!
The Professional Details
- I have a B.M. in flute performance from Michigan State University, teacher certification from the University of Houston, and completed my M.M. Ed from Temple University.
- I am Past-President of the Gordon Institute for Music Learning and serve on the faculty in the areas of Early Childhood Music and Elementary Music
- I am Level 1 certified in Orff Schulwerk
- I am co-author of the Jump Right In Elementary Music Series (Kindergarten book)
- I was recipient of the Nancy Coumoundouros Distinguished Service to the Arts Award by the Farmington Area Arts Commission & the Farmington Hills Cultural Arts Division in 2017
- I was named Music Educator of the Year by the Michigan Music Educators Association in 2018
- I serve as the North Central Representative on the General Music Council for the National Association for Music Education
- I am a member of the Music Crew on TpT
- I am a frequent presenter for state and regional music education and technology conferences
The Fun Stuff
- Although I have lived in Hawaii, Texas, and Pennsylvania – I am a Michigan girl through and through!
- I am the mother to one amazing and active 6-year old boy!
- I have a Starbucks coffee addiction that may require an intervention at some point…
- I have two little pugs named Bette & Buster!
- When I’m not teaching, I love to garden, read, swim, meditate and do yoga.